top of page

Group

Public·5 members

Honda HDS Software Download: Everything You Need to Know

How to Download and Install Honda HDS Software for Diagnostic Purposes

If you are looking for a reliable and professional diagnostic software for your Honda or Acura vehicle, you may want to consider Honda HDS software. HDS stands for Honda Diagnostic System, and it is a software suite that allows you to perform various diagnostic functions on your vehicle, such as scanning and clearing trouble codes, reprogramming the engine control unit (ECU), calibrating advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), performing function tests, and accessing immobilizer and PCM codes.

honda hds software download

In this article, we will show you how to download and install Honda HDS software on your Windows 10 computer, and what tools and devices you need to use it.

What is Honda HDS Software?

Honda HDS software is the official dealer-level diagnostic software for Honda and Acura vehicles. It is developed by American Honda and Honda Canada, and it covers all Honda and Acura vehicles from 1990 to current. It is updated regularly with the latest data and features to ensure accurate and efficient diagnosis.

Honda HDS software consists of two main components: i-HDS and J2534 Rewrite. i-HDS is the browser-based interface that allows you to access the diagnostic functions of the software. J2534 Rewrite is the application that allows you to reprogram the ECU of your vehicle using a J2534-compliant device.

Honda HDS software can be purchased as a subscription from the Service Express website (https://techinfo.honda.com/). There are different subscription options available, depending on your needs and preferences. You can choose between a standard subscription or a vehicle security professional subscription, which gives you access to immobilizer and PCM codes. You can also choose between a one-day, 30-day, or 365-day subscription period.

What Do You Need to Use Honda HDS Software?

To use Honda HDS software, you need the following tools and devices:

• A Windows 10 computer with an internet connection. Windows 10 Professional is currently the only operating system supported by i-HDS. Windows 11 is not supported at this time.

• A Honda/Acura specific J2534-compliant vehicle communication interface (VCI). This is a device that connects your computer to your vehicle's data link connector (DLC) via a USB cable or wireless connection. It allows you to communicate with your vehicle's ECU and perform diagnostic functions. Some examples of compatible VCIs are Honda HDS HIM, VXDIAG Honda, Openport 2.0, Autel VCI, and DrewTech Mongoose J2534.

• A valid VSC (formerly known as LSID) if you want to access immobilizer and PCM codes. This is a credential that verifies that you are a registered member of the National Automotive Service Task Force Vehicle Security Professional (NASTF VSP) registry. You can obtain this credential from the NASTF website (https://www.nastf.org).

How to Download and Install Honda HDS Software?

Once you have purchased a subscription to Honda HDS software from the Service Express website, you can download and install it on your computer by following these steps:

• Log in to your account on the Service Express website and go to the i-HDS page.

• Click on the Download button next to the latest version of i-HDS.

• Save the file to your computer and run it as an administrator.

• Follow the instructions on the screen to install i-HDS on your computer.

• After the installation is complete, launch i-HDS from your desktop or start menu.

• Connect your VCI to your computer and your vehicle's DLC.

• Select your VCI from the list of available devices on i-HDS.

• Enter your VSC if you want to access immobilizer and PCM codes.

• Select your vehicle model, year, and system from the menu on i-HDS.

• You can now perform various diagnostic functions on your vehicle using i-HDS.

I hope this article was helpful for you. If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.

How to Use Honda HDS Software?

Once you have installed Honda HDS software and connected your VCI to your vehicle, you can use it to perform various diagnostic functions on your vehicle. Here are some examples of what you can do with Honda HDS software:

• Scan and clear trouble codes: You can scan all the systems of your vehicle and view the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) that are stored in the ECU. You can also clear the codes and reset the ECU after fixing the problem.

• Reprogram the ECU: You can update the software of your ECU using J2534 Rewrite. This can improve the performance and functionality of your vehicle, as well as fix some issues or bugs. You need to download the latest calibration files from the Service Express website before reprogramming.

• Calibrate ADAS and TPMS: You can calibrate the advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) of your vehicle using i-HDS. ADAS are systems that help you drive safely and comfortably, such as lane keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, collision mitigation braking system, etc. TPMS are systems that monitor the air pressure of your tires and alert you if they are underinflated or overinflated.

• Perform function tests: You can perform function tests on various components and systems of your vehicle using i-HDS. Function tests allow you to check the operation and status of your vehicle's parts, such as sensors, actuators, switches, relays, etc.

• Access immobilizer and PCM codes: You can access the immobilizer and PCM codes of your vehicle using i-HDS. Immobilizer codes are needed to program new keys or replace lost keys for your vehicle. PCM codes are needed to replace or swap the ECU of your vehicle.

What are the Benefits of Honda HDS Software?

Honda HDS software is a powerful and professional diagnostic software that can help you diagnose and repair your Honda or Acura vehicle. Here are some of the benefits of using Honda HDS software:

• It is the official dealer-level diagnostic software for Honda and Acura vehicles, so it has the most accurate and up-to-date data and features.

• It covers all Honda and Acura vehicles from 1990 to current, so it can support a wide range of models and systems.

• It is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface that guides you with step-by-step instructions.

• It can perform various diagnostic functions that other software or tools may not be able to do, such as reprogramming the ECU, calibrating ADAS and TPMS, accessing immobilizer and PCM codes, etc.

• It can save you time and money by helping you diagnose and fix your vehicle's problems yourself, without going to a dealer or a mechanic.

I hope this article was helpful for you. If you have any questions or feedback, please let me know.

Conclusion

In this article, we have shown you how to download and install Honda HDS software for diagnostic purposes. We have also explained what Honda HDS software is, what you need to use it, how to use it, and what are the benefits of using it. Honda HDS software is a powerful and professional diagnostic software that can help you diagnose and repair your Honda or Acura vehicle. It is the official dealer-level diagnostic software for Honda and Acura vehicles, and it covers all models and systems from 1990 to current. It can perform various diagnostic functions that other software or tools may not be able to do, such as reprogramming the ECU, calibrating ADAS and TPMS, accessing immobilizer and PCM codes, etc. It can save you time and money by helping you diagnose and fix your vehicle's problems yourself, without going to a dealer or a mechanic.

If you are interested in purchasing a subscription to Honda HDS software, you can visit the Service Express website (https://techinfo.honda.com/) and choose the option that suits your needs and preferences. You can also find more information and support on the website.

Thank you for reading this article. We hope you found it useful and informative. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know. b99f773239

https://www.sewwhatkimberly.com/group/sip-n-sew/discussion/9155faaf-240c-4553-92ed-6e36dcce034b

https://www.marnistaltd.com/group/marnista-group/discussion/c7a5f8f6-84b5-44db-a59a-0cedebbb22f4

https://www.bearhugcattlecompany.org/group/mysite-200-group/discussion/5c564ee1-cf2b-45ea-9950-3e933eb9606e

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page